It ran fine but still consumed a good bit of oil. It was time to prioritize the repairs. The transmission made a noise when the clutch was released. While neither seemed terribly urgent the leaks/consumption seemed less pressing than the transmission noise. I checked the usual places for a transmission. Craigslist, OfferUp, Facebook MarketPlace and forums are all places I use. This time, for the first time ever, OfferUp was the winner. I found a transmission 20 minutes away. I told the seller that my plan was to rebuild it and swap it in. He told me that there was no need to rebuild it and that it was in perfect working order. I cleaned it, put on new axle seals and it installed within 2 days of buying it. The seller was right. It worked perfectly.
The was serving me well. So for the time being, I decided to top off the oil as needed. The next chance I got, I would dig deeper into the oil consumption.
No comments:
Post a Comment