Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Discovering problems with the Civic

The Civic was running fine. But after getting another car, it was time to start addressing all the little nagging issues. 

(1) Someone who previously owned the car stripped and broke the threads for the bolts that hold he valve cover to the head. As a band-aid, they put lots of silicone sealant on the head to slow the oil leak. This would require a new head.

(2) The V-Tec solenoid gasket was leaking. This was an easy fix.

(3) The crankcase ventilation box o-ring was leaking

(4) The oil pressure switch was leaking.

(4) The oil pan gasket seemed to be leaking. But, all the leaks above it could have made it look like it was leaking.

I think that sums up the work was ahead. I could get most of the parts at one of the local autoparts stores. But, I planned to take my chances with a head from the junk yard.


No comments:

Post a Comment