Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Purchasing the 1995 EJ1 Civic

In the middle of 2019, my wife and I decided to make some life changes. We decided to move from a rural area to an area that I like to call "super suburbia". Four wheelers, horses, goats and even emus were common in our old neighborhood. Our new place, however, has an active HOA and we have a lot less space. That meant going from 5 cars to three. I had interest in all of my cars, so I decided to sell them all and pick up the first reasonable reliable car that I came across. That car turned out to be a 1995 Honda Civic EX with a manual transmission. I have always liked the Civic coupes from this era. The shape is simple and clean. A bonus is that parts are easily sourced and aftermarket support is great. I drove about an hour south of our country home to check it out. It looked....ok. But, it drove, I needed a car and I knew that I could handle any issues that would arise. I purchased it and it became my daily driver. It was supposed to just be a car to get me through the move. But, it became more. It required attention and I was happy to get my hands dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment