I was only considering GMT400 trucks. That era of GM trucks is favorite. The lines are clean and I just think they look great. The search started in the usual places. Craigslist and Facebook marketplate had several options. But, I had a hard time getting people to respond. Then, a coworker mentioned that he had an 89 that he would sell cheap. He warned me that it had been sitting and needed work. The registration had lapsed and at first glance, it needed lots of basic repairs. A few mornings later, I purchased it for $800 and drove it straight to nearest shop for exhaust work and tires. My sister drove me to the junkyard so that I could pick up a set of taillights. A little after lunch, I had a truck that was good enough to register and pass inspection. This would be the beginning of a transformation of a neglected truck to a good looking daily drivable resto-mod project. But at the time, it was needed to help with the move.
Friday, February 26, 2021
1989 Chevrolet K1500 - my ownership origin story
I think I will always own a truck. I tend to feel more comfortable transporting dirty car parts and fluids in the bed of a truck. Before we moved from "the country" to suburbs, there was no limit to the size of truck that I could own. We had a huge parking area and the garage was built for working a full size crew cab truck with a 8ft bed. The garage and driveway in our suburban home, however, are only large enough for a regular cab, 6.5 ft bed truck. So, I had to sell my 1998 C2500 extended cab long bed and get another truck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment